We would like all of our partners to be labelling OSSI-Pledged varieties as thoroughly as possible. We ask that you:
1. Include the OSSI Pledge in print and on-line catalogs.
2. Include an explanation of the OSSI purpose and mission in print and on-line catalogs.
3. Label OSSI-Pledged varieties in print and on-line catalogs with the name “Open Source Seed Initiative” and/or “OSSI” and/or “OSSI-Pledged” and/or the OSSI logo.
4. Include the Pledge with any sale or distribution of seed or germplasm of OSSI-Pledged varieties that is to be used for further reproduction as breeding material or multiplication for commercial sale.
5. In variety descriptions in its print and on-line catalogs, acknowledge by name the breeder(s) of all OSSI-Pledged varieties listed (e.g., “Bred by “name of breeder(s)”).
Here you can find examples of what other Seed Company Partners are using to display the OSSI Pledge on their seed packaging and websites:
Website Examples featuring OSSI:
Brown Envelope Seeds
Downloadable word document label examples:
Examples of seed packets and seed catalogues: